Saturday, June 27, 2009
For some reason we always exchange gifts end of July beginning of August which falls exactly in the middle of both our birthdays. Last year she got me the Swarovski / Phillips USB and I V-Kooled her car.
This year "Christmas" came early since shes out of town already and Im leaving in a few days inshallah. The presents this year were her allowing me to take her car to Dubai for my trip next week and her present was me paying for her car service. I think she liked the deal cos it means she doesnt have to worry about what Messrs. Rip Off Al Zawawi will make her pay straight after a 6 week holiday. Even Dad is predicting her coming back broke LOL.
But see with everyone else, I really dont care about the value of the present or even its existance. Honestly speaking I would rather not get anything than getting a bottle of perfume. I find them soooo impersonal and actually quite insulting. Even things like bathroom stuff and Body Shop packages and these things. These are a definite NO-NO for me.
I even used to think Gift Vouchers were insulting until I realised that getting someone a GV means they get to buy something they like. So I changed my mind about them. But people asking me whats on my wishlist!!! NOO WAY. I will never reveal. I have so many things on my wishlist mainly consisting of designer handbags so since I definetly will NOT expect those from anyone, whats the point.
There are also some other things I need - i.e. a replacement for my sunglasses that I lost in my last Dubai trip. But these things are tricky. I mean what if someone buys me a pair of sunglasses that I end up hating ON ME but loving on the shelf!!! I need a keychain for my car keys but my car keys are funny and I have a few keychains that do not fit my car key.
What is the ideal Birthday Wish List?? And how can you avoid wasted gifts??
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Basically the main things that came up are:
1. I cannot hide emotions. This I knew since I have been told enough times by people that whatever I feel is semi-written on my forehead. But I didnt realise that I do things involuntarily like giggle in a specific way when I have something dirty going through my head or press in between my eyebrows when Im trying to come up with an excuse or a lie. Damn Ive been busted.
2. I am too caring and considerate. And the specific words used were "your too nice for ur own good" - apparently I have been walked all over without noticing and I was given examples as well.
3. If I begin to say something, i HAVE to finish it even it it comes later. Guess this comes from the "women speak 60K words per day" thing. LOL
4. I am always to be trusted when it comes to ordering food. This is strange because usually Im the one that eats weird stuff that nobody likes such as pineapple on pizza. Etc
5. When I am not motivated, it really shows by my body posture. Hhhhmm wonder how they came up with that.
6. I am easily excited. LOL. what can I say, a kid at heart
7. I am not a typical girl - yeah yeah yeah heard it all before. I swear if another person says that I am "wa7id min ilshabab" i will punch them in the face.
8. If I wanted to and I really beleived it, I can convince people that the sky is red. But only if I beleived it myself. I am very VERY 3aneeda.
9. When I try to lie, there is a red lightbulb that flashed over my head. Im THAT bad.
10. And what really really shocked me. My friends think I hold a grudge. This I argued with them forever. Finally I think they accepted that i do NOT in fact hold grudges against people, I forgive very easily BUT I never forget. Fooled me once, shame on you, fooled me twice shame on me.
It was an enlightening sitdown. We went around analysing every single person who was at dinner and it was interesting. How on some points we all agreed on something but the person would not beleive / accept it.
Now Im curious to know, what do you guys as bloggers that do not know me personally or have interacted with me personally think of me?? I would be curious to know.
Please do share in your comments - if you want
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
One is what appears to be this Israeli girl who lives in India who basically fucks about and numbers the guys. Fair enough if shes a nympho and wants to flaunt it fine, but please we dont wanna see pics. And those pics are nasty especially the fact that she doesnt "maintain" if you know what i mean girls. LOL
The other one which I think is causing a bigger riot purely for being a girl from our region has caught a lot of attention lately I noticed. Other blogs are writing whole posts about her and discussing her very openly. I saw her blog and honestly speaking I just think she has a split personality.
Anyways, my point is whats the big fuss about?? So this one likes to document her sexcapades, and the other one has imaginary ones. Whenever I see an update from them (and yes I confess I follow them both) i just read, rant and scream silently in my head and close the window. Maleh da3y abadan the public cursing and swearing and calling of names.
I guess its a question to those that DO leave nasty comments and such. Why do you do it??
UPDATE: And another one bites the dust - Liberal Khaleejiya deletes her blog
Monday, June 22, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
The Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN), working in relationship with HSBC London has
concluded to issue you a VISA CARD with which you can access your contract amount 2.8
million USD This card center will send you an ATM card which you will use to withdraw
your money in any ATM machine in any part of the world, but the maximum is FIVE
Thousand Five Hundred United States Dollars($5,500) per day. So if you like to receive
your fund in this way, please let us know by contacting the ATM payment department and
also send the following information as listed below:
Contact Person:Mr. Dave Walker
Phone Number: +2348051131534
1. Full name;
2. Phone and fax number;
3. Address were you want them to send the ATM card to (p.o box notacceptable)
7. country of residence
Mr. Dave Walker
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Oman Mobile!
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Instead I spent the whole day searching for properties in Dubai. Planning on celebrating my birthday there early next month cos I can't travel anywhere further. Looking for a weekly rental of a villa with a private pool. I will be going with family and close friends so we really wanna go all out.
So far I found a 4 bedroom apartment in JBR for 4900 dirhams - not bad at all. Works out to be about 200 dirhams per night per room. That is truly a bargain.
I can't believe I will be turning 29 in 26 days. I don't feel like I'm 29. I've recently been having the "when did u panic" conversation and most said the 25 or 26 range. I still haven't panicked.
Am I normal?
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Oman Mobile!